Rest When Distressed
34. Holy Spirit, give me Understanding and cause me to search for Insight
that Your Ways really are the best – I will trouble myself less and gain some victories
as I put Your Ways into practice with diligence, there will be a whole less room for troublesome thoughts
and this will make You proud of me.
35. Help me to take the way of Your commandments each day and delight in the
Blessing and Strength they will bring to my soul. Yes, they will bring Blessing and Joy and Comfort
for therein I will find Peace. You will satisfy me with Gladness of Heart as I make Your Ways my ways
and become wiser than my foes. Yeah I will exchange distress and be blessed!
36. Cause me to walk in the Way with You for that is where true happiness is found.
My way brings fleeting pleasures that do not last, for we live in a world of temporary comforts.
It’s good to Trust in You – Your Presence is my Treasure.
37. Give me a distaste for worthless things that distract or consume my time.
Cause me to like things that are pleasing to you and keep them in balance.
For You are Coming Soon and I wish to bring pleasure to You.
38. Then I shall walk in the reassurance of your promise,
Made to those who fear you.
39. Your wonderful teachings protect me, keeping my thoughts away
from the taunts of the wicked, they seek only an audience to catch me off guard
so I miss Your Best for my day or my week. I shall not be dismayed with lies
as I anchor my Trust in You. Through confidence in You I can dismantle those tactics
and leap over walls, the fortresses they trust in.
40. I love to please You – Refresh and Renew me my Righteous One
Faithful and True – come stand by me, giving me the courage to follow through.
Yes Renew my life with Your Goodness.
41. I shall see Your Unfailing Love – let Your favour Rest on me.
Your loving-kindnesses come to me – Your Salvation according to Promise.
42. Then I can overthrow the reproach of the wicked –
they only want me to distrust Your Word.
43. Do not let me forget Your truthful testimonies as I engage my trust in You..
Let them be the subject of my focus, giving me strength and fortitude.
Yes gird me with Truth I pray and joyful expectations.
44. I will keep responding to Your Words day by day until they become part of me.
45. And I shall walk in the Freedom You promised me, there is Victory for the faint.
This is my hope, my trust.
47. Yes I shall delight in Your Commandments – they have my best interest at heart,
Freeing me in the present and preparing me for Your Coming.
48. That’s why I love and meditate on them, the passion of my soul.
54. Your Words have been the themes of my songs wherever I have lived.
55. Each night I think about You and remember Your Name.
Your Presence Is ever near – feelings are fickle but Your Words Cheer.
Do not be dismayed my soul, steady your eyes on Him
In this way you Win.
56. Blessings shall displace my concerns as I respond to Your guiding principles.
I shall make it my personal responsibility to trust and keep them.
You will always meet me half way – You are my Strength and Stay.
57. Adonai, You’re Mine And I Love You!
Janet Vargas © 2020
Copyright Notice: A Very Strict Copyright Applies To These. Protective Measures Have Been Taken.
It's Good To Practice The Fear Of The Lord.